Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Marcos' Golden Birthday

Ok, so it's been more than a month since Marcos' birthday, but he had a great Golden Day! He turned 27, on the 27th... so we had to throw him a big party. We invited a few friends over and had a BBQ and chili (tradition). I decorated to house and got him tons of balloons, and we even did balloon animals! The best part was the cake though... but you'll just have to look through the pictures to see that.


I made Marcos put on this birthday hat made by Catrina (sooo many talents, that girl!)... I was just trying to embarrass him a little, but he never took it off... He loves being the birthday boy!


Liliana loved the balloon animals Trina and William were making, until they started to pop. She was so scared of them! Whenever she heard a pop she would run to me or Marcos and say "Scary!" After awhile she wouldn't go near the balloons at all and would run away if anyone was playing with them.
The big moment was when we brought out the cake. Catrina made it for Marcos (and Marcos requested this kind, he thought it would be funny). Marcos hadn't seen it up until this moment. Being the good wife that I am, I caught the embarrassing moment of film.
After he had a minute to recover, he said "Man, I didn't realize how embarrassing a butt cake would be up until this moment."


Thanks to our wonderful friends who made this embarrassing moment possible!
Brei and Daniel stopped by to say happy birthday to Marcos before they went back home to pack. They are now living in LA and things are going great for them!


We had so much fun celebrating Marcos and the amazing man that he is. Here are a few more pictures from that day.




The amazing cake... I love the tatoo.


Playing in the Orchard



Trina hard at work on her masterpiece









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha... looks pretty golden! Happy birthday marcos!