Monday, November 17, 2008

Liliana turns Two!!

Liliana's 2nd birthday was this past Thursday (the 13th of November). She is officially into the terrible twos, although she isn't that terrible. She has so much personality and it comes out more everyday! We had so much fun celebrating her birthday all weekend.



On Thursday Marcos and I took her to Jumpin' Jacks, an indoor play yard with huge inflatable slides. She was so happy! She jumped from one slide to the next and was giggling nonstop. Marcos had fun throwing her up the slides and going down the slides himself. I think he actually had more fun than Lily did!


The slides were huge, so Liliana needed some help climbing up to them. She's still a little short for her age!



Practicing her driving skills... only 14 more years to go!




Marcos put Lily on his back to climb up this slide. He was really excited to go down with her!


Peek-a-boo!



Liliana was running so much, I couldn't get her to stop to take a picture!



Almost there! This is the way to do slides... get someone to push you up so you don't have to do any of the work!


A quick picture before we left... Marcos is exhausted!




And the palm trees fall on us! I guess they didn't want us to leave either.
On Saturday we had Liliana's first real birthday party! A ton of her friends came over to play and have cake and ice cream. Catrina made this beautiful cake for Lily. She spent hours and hours making the tiny flowers, and then hours more to make the cake. I don't know what I'm going to do without her!






Liliana loved her cake, it was almost as big as her! When it came time to sing to her she was so excited. It was funny because we never told her how to blow out the candles, but she figured it out! She's a smartie!



We gave her the whole top tier to eat. She didn't know quite what to do with it. After some prompting, she figured it out... but she always used a fork. She's definitely a little girly-girl!
Liliana had a great time... She received a ton of fun new toys and clothes. She was wired for the rest of the night, we had a hard time getting her to bed. Thank you to everyone for sharing this special day with us! We are so blessed to have friends and family like you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NOELLE!! your going on like two months here since you posted! I love this post! She is so sweet, and I guess I thought I left a comment but obviously not! You doing well? Whats been going on? Lilianna looks SO big and cute in these pictures!! Miss you and love you!

Emily said...

Um, wow. That's all I can say about that cake- looks amazing. Noelle, I'm waiting patiently for a new post...!!! :)